I don't understand why you look like a woman but you talk like a man.

Lots has been going on the past few days so let me start from the top:

As mentioned in the post before the show was a great success. It was great to spend time with Paul English, Chris Olamit, Joseph Schell, and all my friends and their friends that came out.

Wednesday was moving day. I decided to hire a mover this time around. Upon the recommendation of a friend I called "Super Van Man", Frank Smithland for the job. I was not pleased with his services. I gave him all the details which included all the contents of the one bedroom fourth floor walk up apartment and that everything was to be moved into a second floor railroad apartment. He quoted me his hourly rate for the truck and two men and they were to show up at 9:30 am Wednesday morning. So at 11:30 am Wednesday morning they barge into the apartment (didn't bother to knock) and I ask if he was Frank and he says "yeah". I was expecting two larger, stronger looking men but instead I get a middle aged man and his teenage sidekick George who looked very scrawny. To make a long six hour story short there was a lot of complaining, bitching, and sitting around on their part. I expected more out of "professional" movers and I didn't expect to have to feed their meter or be asked to carry my own shit up and down stairs. Wasn't that the whole point of hiring movers? I also didn't appreciate the mishandling of the furniture which resulted in scrapes, cracks, and breaks. What a total let down.

Enough of the negative and onto the positive. I am completely in love with the new neighborhood. So much more room and the food possibilities are endless. Castro's on Myrtle has the most amazing Mexican food (comparable to back home---that being Texas not Mexico). I had a bagel and coffee yesterday morning at Bergen Bagel and was so not impressed. The coffee was a little bitter and the bagel just wasn't very good. They also nickled me (charging me 5 cents for no good reason). I tried Muffins, etc. this morning and it was much better. There's still French, Thai, Cuban, and Indian to be had. I would be cooking myself but the new fridge and oven haven't arrived. And the local supermarket is amazing--they have a huge beer section and the produce looks awesome. That's all you really need.

Comments