I feel pretty. oh, so pretty...




I went to the spa yesterday. I know, I know, some of you are thinking "She's unemployed. How can she possibly think about going to the spa?" and now others are thinking "She's unemployed? What happened?". All those questions will be answered in due time but for now I will share with you my Bliss experience.
Bliss is exactly the word I would describe my experience--sheer Bliss. I've always been one to get my money's worth in anything I pay for so I decided to show up an hour before my facial appointment. Why? To take advantage of their steam showers and lounge of course. I went to the Soho location and was taken upstairs to change but then I snuck downstairs to use the steam showers there. I recommend using the handicap one because it's three times the size of the regular one. (I did make sure that nobody who was actually handicap was waiting.) Heavenly. My next place will need to have one of these built in.
Then I headed to the lounge upstairs where I caught up on my magazine reading and ingested crackers topped with fennel and sesame seeds, a variety of cheeses, cucumbers, olives, and yummy bite-size cookies and brownies. Oh, and I made myself a cup of relaxing peppermint tea.
My triple oxygen treatment facial started 10 minutes early because Bobbi, my woman esthetician, saw that I was early. She was very good--didn't talk too much, answered all my questions, and was very thorough. She even gave me an upper body and leg massage. It's probably the norm but it wasn't listed on the spa menu so it was a pleasant surprise. Overall, she said I had great skin and take good care of it but I should come back once a month if I can, but not to wait longer than three months. Yeah right.
After we were done I headed back to the lounge, ate some more, changed, and then left. I really didn't want to go back outside to the exhaust and pollutant filled air but three hours seemed long enough to stay at the spa.
If you decide to book at Bliss I would recommend an early weekday appointment. You pretty much have the place to yourself.

Comments